Saturday, October 15, 2011

It's almost time for Halloween...what does that mean?

Yes, Halloween is just around the corner, but what does that mean? Does it mean Christmas is also just around the corner, or maybe the New Year? Well, yeah, it does that too, but what it means to me is that Fall is in the air and leaves are turning colors.

There's something about the earth when it is all green, but then when it starts to turn the many shades of Autumn, it is beautiful still. The world is a wonderful place and all of the colors we see when the air gets crisp is just wonderful. Mountains turn from shades of green to yellow, red, orange and brown. Sometimes in the right light, they even look as though they are on fire, because of the wonderful shades of yellow, orange and red. I love the fall, it's time to bring out the sweaters, hoodies and rakes. Yes, to clean up all the leaves that have fallen from the trees.

Halloween is my favorite time of the year, I love being able to dress-up as something else. I love being scared and scaring others, I love having the opportunity to be something or someone else for even just one day. The question this year, is what shall I be? Something scary, like last year or the year before or the year before? Maybe I'll make my own costume this year, I love to sew and when it gets chilly out, there's nothing like sitting down and sewing or scrapbooking, which is something I'm just getting into these days.

Yes, Halloween is my favorite holiday, it always has been. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas and the meaning behind it, but I like having just one day to be someone or something other than myself. It's great that it is just the one day too, because I love who I am and I won't change anything about me; but one day a year, I can be something or someone else.

This photo was taken last year, though I think I've been Sally from "A Nightmare Before Christmas" at least three or four years running, she is my favorite and last year, Dave was Jack Skellington. The perfect couple, but what to be this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment