Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year! Welcome 2013

Can you believe it is 2013 already? I mean, it seems like yesterday that I was in High School. I can't even remember how long I've been away from the West Coast, just wondering where the time is going. I know I think of many things I need to write, both in my blog and in my journal and yet, I haven't written anything in my journal for more than three months and it's over a year since I've posted on my blog. I know, I must lead a very exciting life right? Well, it's more like a very busy life. It seems like all I do is work, clean house, sleep, work, clean house, sleep...over and over again. This is why time is flying by, things are just going way to fast and it's because I can't stop to smell the roses, like I would like to.

My loving and wonderful husband and I went on a Cruise back in October. I had intended on writing how exciting and wonderful the time was, but when I headed back to work, I could do nothing but concentrate on work and since work isn't slowing down any, I'm just gonna hope to write a blog post at least once a month.

In the new year, people always set goals or make New Year's Resolutions. I wrote a whole blog last year about making goals and setting resolutions and some ideas to actually accomplishing them, but it was on paper, it never made it to the screen. That's my problem, I have a notebook full of blog ideas and yet, I don't sit down and post them. I always wonder who is reading them, or is anyone reading them? What do people think about other people's ramblings anyway?

My husband thinks I'm crazy, but sometimes you want to share stuff with people who don't really know you, hoping that they might find it interesting or who knows, maybe it is something they just need to hear. We never know how we are going to affect people with what we say to perfect strangers.

Ok, so I went off topic just a little bit there. I am going to set some goals for 2013, nothing major, no I'm going to lose the 35 extra pounds I have (mostly because I hope to be pregnant in the near future and so losing weight, though important, isn't a goal right this minute), but something that will help me to relax and spend a little more time with my thoughts or with writing, because I do love writing. I just love typing and putting words on paper and I ramble when I talk, so I kinda ramble when I write. Anyway, to get me started, I've got a goal to write in my journal at least once a week and blog at least once a month. I figure if I can do at least 12 blog posts this year, it will be more posts than I have done in the last two or three years I've had a blog.

I have a funny goal that I would like to set, or have set for 2013. My house seems to be a disaster area and has been for a few months (long story that won't be told here). So I have a goal to clean my house, I mean, I clean it every week; I can't seem to find the time during the week, except to occasionally do the dishes, because of being away from home from 6 to 6 everyday and because I would rather spend time with my husband, I love him and enjoy every minute I can spend with him, he is my best friend and my eternal companion. There I go off topic again, but still, I vacuum and clean the bathrooms, but I have a lot of clutter that needs to be cleaned out and so my goal is to clean out that clutter and get rid of the stuff I don't need or didn't use during 2012. So cleaning my house is more than just dusting and mopping, it's going to be a one room at a time thorough going through and getting into the habit of putting things away instead of piling them up.

I hope to make 2013 better than last year, these few goals will help me along, but I also know that I will continue to make other goals along the way and so the ultimate goal is to just stay on track with all of my goals and as Dori from Finding Nemo says: "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" and eventually, we will find what we are looking for or we will accomplish that one goal that makes us happy or happier.

1 comment:

  1. Just keep swimming girl! You can do this! You can accomplish your goals. I'll keep praying for you too. You will be an amazing mother someday I just know it! Until then Sommer can fill that void just a little. Love you! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete